Our dentist, Dr Dylan Lin has a real passion for smiles and the relationship between teeth and mouth oral design. His career over the last 16 years has involved extensive surgical and implant training and mentorship with a variety of industry experts across 4 continents.
He also has valuable insights on smile and prosthesis design. He understands the importance of the correct dimension and position of the teeth to your face. Working with global experts and technicians, Dylan, understands the process and knows how critical these products can be to delivering long term patient results. He proudly partners with other leading Australians in the sector.
Dr Dylan Lin has worked with a Maxillofacial oral surgeon, studied cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry as well as gathered insights into the prosthesis fabrication process by working with masters in the industry. Gaining valuable insights into complex dentistry and developing great partnerships. He has over 2500 dental implant experiences.
Dental Implants are the optimum procedure for tooth replacement because they feel , function and look exactly like a tooth. Using modern techniques this well proven and simple procedure can easily replace lost or missing teeth.
What are your challenges and pain points?
- Do you find it difficult to eat your favourite foods, enjoy a juicy steak or bite an apple?
- Are you embarrassed to smile, or do you suffer from confidence issues because of missing or loose teeth?
- Are your dentures loose and do you worry about them falling out?
The good news is that we can help.
DENTAL IMPLANT BENEFITS
You can smile with confidence and finally enjoy eating the foods you have always wanted. At Taylor Street Dental we can offer a fixed solution with dental implants.
You would be able to eat your favourite foods without pain or discomfort and would be able to enjoy your life to the fullest. Read on to learn more about dental implant procedures.
What are the main benefits of Dental Implants?
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace loose fitting- dentures
- Prevent bone loss and has a positive impact which maintains bone structure after tooth loss (unlike dentures, which negatively impact bone)
- Improve the appearance of your smile and boost your confidence
- Function and feel just like natural teeth
- Improve chewing and speaking
- Long term solution with high accuracy and success rate
- Has a predictable treatment outcome for terminal teeth
- Offers a full-mouth rehabilitation when there are no teeth or for full terminal dentition
- Keep teeth on either side of a missing tooth healthy without having to take tooth structure away (like you would with a bridge)
WHAT IS DENTAL IMPLANTS?
A dental implant is the most natural-looking replacement for your missing tooth or teeth.
An implant is a screw-like anchor made of titanium which is fitted into your jawbone and, over time, becomes locked in place as it binds with your natural bone. Then, a dental crown is fitted on top to fill the space left behind by your own natural tooth.
THE KEY TREATMENT STEPS
Depending on your dental health needs, you can have your dental implant procedure under local or general anaesthesia.
The key steps include:
- Digital planning to design your new teeth position
- Reverse engineer the position of your new implants to support your new teeth in its ideal position
- Then we place your implants according to the 3D surgical design guide (single or multiple implants)
- The implant(s) will be placed in your jaw in a surgical procedure.
- It will sometimes be covered with gum tissue and left for 3 to 6 months for healing. During this time the implant will bind with your natural bone and become one with your jawbone.
- A screw will be attached to the implant to allow the gum tissue to grow and remodel to be ready to receive the crown, prosthesis or bridge that may go on top.
- Crown/prosthesis/bridge are attached and screwed into place. Local aesthetic may be required at this point and we always consult with and tailor to the needs of our patients.
IMPLANT CROWN – SINGLE MISSING TOOTH
Losing a tooth can be devastating. You can feel self-conscious and suffer a lack of self-esteem. Having a tooth implanted has become the new norm, the implant procedure has been refined and improved over the years.
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that integrates perfectly into your gum tissue,
just where the root of your tooth would sit.
Dental implants can replace all of your teeth at any time and is a positive treatment for the health of the rest of your teeth.
IMPLANT BRIDGES – SEVERAL MISSING TEETH
If you require a more extensive restoration than a crown or have multiple teeth in a section right next to each other that need to be replaced.
A good solution is an implant bridge which helps to strengthen the existing teeth and makes chewing and eating easier because the new teeth are fixed and do not move.
Implant bridges are fixed to your jaw with dental implants and they function and feel just like your own teeth.
ALL ON 4
All-on-4 treatment is a proven method to immediately give you back the ability to comfortably eat and chew. It gives beautiful and accurate results which give you a completely natural looking smile.
Taylor Street Dental uses state of the art digital dental technology in combination with the concept of All-on-4 and a CT Scan to plan the position of the implants. This enables to place accurately place your implants according to our digital plan. Then we can deliver temporary screw down prosthesis making your experience more comfortable during the healing period.
This removes the need to wear a set of false teeth during the healing period and gone are the days when a whole new set of dentures were held in place by adhesives and bridges.
You walk out on the same day beautiful, natural, functional smile which is fixed in your mouth.
Dental implants require a certain volume of bone to “live” in. Bone grafting is a general term we use to describe procedures which help maintain the bone volume present (site preservation) or add bone to an area of the upper or lower jawbone.
Adding bone to an area which has become deficient in bone (due to the normal resorption process which occurs in the body when a tooth has been removed), will allow successful placement and healing of a dental implant.
There are several Bone Grafting techniques for different treatment scenarios and they are explored further in our Bone Grafting section.
WHY CHOOSE ALL-ON-4?
- All-on-4 can be a life-changing treatment for patients who have lost all of their teeth, or whose teeth have become damaged beyond repair.
- You might be struggling to eat with missing teeth or uncomfortable dentures, or in a great deal of pain as a result of teeth that can’t be restored through other dental procedures.
- All-on-4 is a unique service that can give you a full set of functional, beautiful teeth within 48 hours.
- This means that there’s no need for you to spend months wearing a temporary denture before you receive your final smile.
- There are several options of prosthesis that can go on top of the All-On-4. These options are discussed at your consultation. It can range from acrylic denture to individual Porcelain crowns or teeth on a metal frame work.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR DENTAL
IMPLANTS LAST DEPENDS ON:
- How efficiently the implants were placed
- How well you look after your teeth
- Lifestyle factors such as drinking and smoking
- Diabetes or other underlying medical conditions
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES
OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- It can be a higher financial investment than other tooth replacement options.
- The full procedure takes around three to nine months to complete.
- There is a healing phase involved and you need to take care to keep the implant in place.
- In rare instances, dental implants can be rejected. This happens in not more than 3% of cases.
- Smokers or diabetics need to be aware that patients in these categories face the higher rejection rates of around 8% – 12%.
- If you do not have sufficient bone height to house the dental implant, bone augmentation or grafting may be required. This will require a longer healing time.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AFTER
HAVING DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- It normally takes about five to seven days to recover after a dental implant.
- Depends on several factors such as the number of extractions and implants, and the need for bone grafting, can make the recovery time longer.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF
Your dental implants can almost last a lifetime and we can provide some simple tips on maintenance:
- Use a soft and angled toothbrush for brushing to effectively clean implants
- Gently brush and floss, especially where the implant meets your gum line.
- Use a low-abrasive toothpaste daily to prevent tartar from developing.
- Avoid eating chewy food, sticky food and hard nuts.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months to keep your natural teeth and implants in good condition.
- Use oral irrigators to reduce plaque around implants and prevent gingivitis.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol.
- Whilst implants can’t decay or develop cavities, it’s important to maintain your surrounding teeth to prevent inflammation and disease.
SUCCESS DRIVEN RESULTS
We want you to have the confidence you need to go forward and achieve a healthy smile that makes you feel great.
That’s why with Digital Smile Design, you can preview what your new future smile could look like before treatment even begins.