WHAT IS GUM CONTOURING?
Gum contouring is part of the shaping teeth process. The gum dictates the shape and size of your teeth and veneers. We can recontour the gum according the deign plan for your new smile. Once the gum has healed we can start the composite bonding.
Taylor Street Dental use state of the art digital planning technology to remove the guesswork in the gum contouring process. You will get accurate and predictable results that look great and is a comfortable fit with your smile and mouth.
- To achieve a beautiful smile that’s right for you, the look of your gums is just as important as the size and shape of your teeth
- You could have beautiful veneers or natural teeth, but if the shape and contours of your gums are not quite right, it may detract from the overall smile design.
- Making small changes to the contouring of your gum can give you a much better overall result.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
First, we apply local anaesthetic to make sure you cannot feel anything. Then, we carefully alter your gums with a laser. After this is finished, stitches may be required and they are removed about two weeks later.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GUM CONTOURING?
- Gives teeth and gums a more pleasing aesthetic appearance by making your teeth look longer or getting rid of a ‘gummy’ smile.
- It lasts a long time
- We use digital guides designed to deliver accurate results
WHY CHOOSE TAYLOR STREET DENTAL FOR
We use Digital Smile Design digital planning. This means that we digitally plan the amount of gum to be removed prior to commencement. Therefore no guesswork in the gum contouring process – you get accurate and predictable results that look great.