If you are feeling very anxious at the thought of treatment, you can choose to have sedation to make you feel more relaxed or we use a digital anaestheic system called “The Wand”
We find that after having sedation in their first dental session, patients experience much less anxiety when it comes to any following appointments. Many patients even feel that they don’t need any more sedation, and feel comfortable with us in the clinic.
HOW DOES SEDATION WORK?
When you have sedation, you will be awake but feel much more relaxed.
There are three types:
- oral sedation,
- gas sedation
- or intravenous sedation, which is delivered through an injection.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM FEELING ANXIOUS
ABOUT MAKING AN APPOINTMENT?
- Our advice would be to book a simple consultation to come and chat with us.
- We can walk you through what we have in our clinic and how the treatment will work.
- We will explain the choices, what to expect and have a chance to discuss your concerns with us.
- We have specific processes to help you deal with your fears and make you feel comfortable.
BENEFITS OF SEDATION?
- Feeling nervous about dental treatment should not mean that you can’t get the treatment you need to look after your oral health.
- Sedation is safe and can effectively reduce your feelings of anxiety throughout treatment.
- Undergoing your first treatment feeling more relaxed can help you to feel more comfortable at following appointments.