HOW DOES TECHNOLOGY HELP MY PATIENTS?
ITERO 3D DIGITAL SCANNER
iTero 3D Digital Scanner is a tool that generate a 3D digital record of the mouth which provides lots of valuable information of the patient’s condition. It is one of the essential tool of the DSD process. We utilise
It performs an Orthodontic assessment of the patient to determine the complexity of the orthodontic treatment and hence generate a simulation of the possible treatment outcome. It is an effective communication tool that allows the patient to gain better understanding of their oral condition. It also eliminates the need of taking traditional impressions which are uncomfortable for the patients.
DSDApp is a tool that we use to generate a 2D smile simulation or 3D planning for simple cases. We use this tool to effectively communicate with our patients to establish the expectation of the outcome. It also allows our patients to visualise the potential outcome of their new smile.
Invisalign is digital orthodontics which, when used in conjunction with Digital Smile Design can have predictable outcome. It allows patient to visualise the outcome before commencement of the orthodontic treatment. It is more comfortable, and aesthetically more acceptable compared with traditional braces and in younger patients, the treatment time can shorter*.
DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN
Digital Smile Design is a safe, predictable tool, making an innovation in aesthetic treatments. Many aspects of digital planning in the treatment include:
- Digital photography and 2D Digital Simulations
- iTero 3D Digital scanning
- Video to show ‘Smile in Motion’
- 3D digital designs using Natural Algorithms – natures beautiful tooth forms that look extremely natural.
- 3D printed models, shells and guides that create an accurate blueprint for each stage.
- Copy-Paste concepts – what you see is what we reproduce in the final result.
- Strong milled, monolithic ceramic and composite materials. Milling produces the best reproduction of nature’s algorithms.