Taylor Street Dental design your porcelain veneers using the latest digital technology found in our Digital Smile Design system. We have chosen to invest in Digital Smile Design as it is a safe, predictable tool, making an innovation in aesthetic treatments that is revolutionizing aesthetic dentistry today.
This is leading edge technology which enables our patients the opportunity to co-design their new smile, with accuracy and precision. We take digital records of your mouth and design your veneers aesthetically to ensure your smile is in harmony with your face. We 3D print your new teeth veneer design and you can test drive in your mouth before we commence the treatment.
We have chosen to invest in Digital Smile Design as it is a safe, predictable tool, making an innovation in aesthetic treatments.
Why choose porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are durable, strong and retain their beautiful appearance even when exposed to tea, coffee or wine. They can be used to address a number of aesthetic concerns and improve the look of your smile.
Veneers are a suitable option for addressing the following concerns;
- Discoloured or stained teeth that won’t respond to conventional tooth whitening treatments.
- Lengthening or changing the shape of teeth.
- Closing or reducing gaps between teeth.
- Teeth with minor chips or cracks or sections that have worn away.
- Recontouring irregularly shaped teeth.
- Correcting teeth which are slightly misaligned but don’t need orthodontic treatment.
Process of porcelain veneers
At your first consultation, the Taylor Street Dental team will listen to your goals and expectations for treatment and the concerns you might have. We will assess your suitability for porcelain veneers and whether they are the right option for you.
At the second consultation if you are happy to proceed we will design your smile using the Digital Smile Design technology. We take digital photos and do a 3D scan of your teeth. Your unique facial features guide the design of your veneers to ensure the look and feel is right for you. You get to be the co-designer of your new smile.
Once the 3D mold of your veneer teeth is ready we invite you to come in for a ‘test drive’ of your new smile before your treatment begins!
Whilst porcelain veneers are minimally invasive, it is usually necessary to remove a small amount of tooth enamel from the front surfaces of your teeth before your veneers can be fitted. This ensures the finished appearance is natural and aesthetically pleasing. Once your teeth have been shaped, we then take another 3D impression to guide the dental laboratory to create your veneers.
When your veneers are ready, you will come in to have them fitted. We will make any necessary minor adjustments to make sure the fit is absolutely accurate and feels comfortable before we permanently bond them into position.
Risks of porcelain veneers
There are risks and complications involved with any dental procedure and Taylor Street Dental always take the time to ensure our patients understand any potential problems with our procedures before any treatment starts.
The risks include:
- Decay, stress from your bite or improper care can contribute to the veneer detaching.
- If your dentine (layer underneath the outside enamel) is exposed during the fitting, you may experience some temporary increased sensitivity to hot and cold foods.
- If you don’t maintain proper oral hygiene, dental decay can occur around the margins of the veneer.
- Porcelain veneers can be difficult to remove if you change your mind at a later date.
- If local anaesthetic is used during the procedure it could trigger an allergic reaction.
- Temperature changes from hot or cold drinks and food can cause expansion and contraction in your teeth over many years and this can weaken your veneers and cause cracks over a long period of time?
How to maintain porcelain veneers?
To keep your veneers in top condition, you need to take care of your teeth and gums by:
- Carefully brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing using the correct technique.
- Avoiding using your teeth as a tool to open bottles or any material that puts extreme pressure on your veneers.
- Going easy on tough foods such as hard candy to avoid potential damage to your veneers.
- Visiting your dentist once or twice a year for a cleaning appointment to remove any tartar from your teeth.
DSD Smile Makeover 3 Step Process
Straighten > Brighten > Shape’em
This 3-step process to improve the appearance of your smile and teeth includes;
1. Straighten to overcome crooked teeth
2. Brighten and whiten to improve the visual co appearance
3. Shape’em – Contour and shape the individual teeth and gum for uniformity.
Digital Smile Design is a cutting-edge dental technology that we use at Taylor Street Dental. Whether you have crooked, cracked, discoloured, chipped or misaligned teeth, Digital Smile Design is a very accurate solution to fix and improve your smile.